Sunday, October 2, 2011

VIZ643 Compositing

We are playing with green-screen shooting for this project. My idea is to put something out of real world into the real world.


I got the idea from recent Cars 2 movie. Mater is a spy so I wish to incorporate him into a real world, perhaps he is undergoing a spy mission in A&M. Of course he will be very different from the other cars around him and the matter of fact he parking in wrong lot make him even hard to go unnoticed. Well, that is the Mater we all know. I kinda like this idea very much and even more happier when the original picture of this was kind of candid shot. The student in blue T shirt walked in when the picture is taken. I chose this picture rather than another one where it is all clean because I think this everyday-like feeling helped to enhance my story in this.
On technical side, I faced a lot of problem to shoot Mater, a 3 inches toy. I need to construct a small setting with green papers. Things get worse when I shoot, in macro, parts of Mater's body will go blur. Luckily I went and asked Glen for advice. He told me to increase the F-stop to F-18 or F-22, and to slow down the shutter to 2 seconds. With this setting I was able to shoot this tiny object very sharp and make it easier to key later in After Effect.
Thanks Glen! :)

Original
Shooting setting

No comments:

Post a Comment